Sunday, February 12, 2012

Happy...VALENTINE'S DAY??????

Well, since my last post was titled "Gobble Gobble" I guess it's been a while since I've updated! We are doing great and loving life with a Kindergartener and 2nd grader. I have a lot of updates and pictures to post about...hopefully I will get to it some day...but for now I wanted to post a few pictures of my new favorite project, mustache valentines!!

My sweet little Kindergartener decided she wanted to do mustache-themed valentines for her classmates. (Brother was going to do them too then decided Star Wars sounded much better!) I thought I was pretty clever to come up with my idea, then I started seeing mustache valentines all over the internet and realized they've been done many times before! So much for originality!! :) We put our own little spin on things, had a blast making them together and LOVE the way they turned out!

We started out with these awesome cookie cutters that my hubby gave me for Christmas...

My very talented cake-decorating sister-in-law gave us some homemade pink fondant to use...
have you ever seen such cute, pink mustaches?

We made our sugar cookies...

...and used some yummy buttercream frosting to "glue" the fondant to the cookies...

Here's my cute little helper...(LOVE THOSE FRECKLES!)

The tags...
(My favorite part, the packaging!!)

Bagged and ready to go!
There is a place on the back where she will write her valentine's name.

This was such a FUN project! I LOVE the way they turned out!!

1 comment:

Thepearsonfamilee said...

We loved our cookies. Not only were they absolutely adorable, but the tastiest sugar cookies ever. Thank you for thinking of us!

Blog Archive

Labels