Monday, June 22, 2009

A celebration of life...

May 29, 1918 to June 14, 2009


4


68


My grandma led a beautiful, long, full life, and I know I speak for my whole family when I say I'm proud to be a part of her legacy. She was an incredible woman and will be dearly missed, and I have a huge hole in my heart that will never be filled.



I was honored to witness and take part in her celebration of life, which included a committal ceremony with full military honors. Here are a few pictures from the day...

IMG_0373


IMG_0376



IMG_0380
IMG_0386

IMG_0396
IMG_0383
IMG_0389

IMG_0393


IMG_0405


"On behalf of a grateful nation."


IMG_0409


IMG_0415


IMG_0418


IMG_0431



IMG_0438
IMG_0441
IMG_0458

IMG_0475



IMG_0484
IMG_0489

IMG_0495


IMG_0500


Stay tuned for more pictures from our trip...

14 comments:

Mom said...

Thank you! The day was perfect and you certainly captured it here. Grandma was so proud of you, and so am I!

Jamie said...

Kim,
Your grandma is captured beautifully here... in both your words and your images. Our prayers are with you and your sweet family!
Love,
Jamie

Kristin Harris said...

So sorry for your loss! Your pictures will be a wonderful memory though...you captured it so well!

Jessica B said...

Those pictures tell such a moving story, Kim. Thank you for sharing them with us. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Doug Ryder said...

Thanks for sharing!

Luv U:-)

Uncle Doug

Aunt Debi said...

WOW!!! I can hardly wait for more. Those pictures make me cry, they are SO beautiful!!! Thank you God for Kim's wonderful gift of capturing moments like these. Love you sweet niece!! AD

DAVE said...

As always you captured the moment perfect. Thanks!!

Dave

Ashley said...

What a beautiful service, there's nothing more moving than those military guys folding the flag and handing it over to the family... always gets me. Great pictures to capture the day Kim, they are beautiful and will be a great treasure to your family. Love ya' lots!

Jenni said...

thank you for sharing such a personal experience... beautiful!

Cousin Leslie said...

Kim--I am so glad you are sharing these pictures. Looks like a wonderful tribute for Aunt Edith. I will make sure Aunt Mary sees them.

Andrea F said...

I'll never forget this day, and what you and your lens captured will keep those memories all the more vivid and accurate. Nicely done -thank you, thank you!

KT said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures. Can't wait to see more.
Praying for your whole family!!

Cousin Valarie said...

Kim, what a lovely tribute to an amazing lady. Thank you for sharing and we will see that Mom (Aunt Mary) sees them.

diane said...

I LOVE all the pictures you got of this special day!
beautiful!!!

Blog Archive

Labels